My husband and our sons have been busy collecting pecans from a local park. We now have several pound in our freeze. While looking for new ways to use them I found this recipe in the latest issue of Family Circle. All I can say is YUM!This cookie will go on my favorite cookie list. The only change that I will make in the future is to omit the marshmallow. Oh, I almost forgot the original recipe calls for walnuts not pecans.
Recipe adapted from “Family Circle, November 2009 issue”
- 1 ¼ C All-purpose Flour
- ½ C Pecans, finely chopped
- ¼ Salt
- ½ C Butter
- 1/3 C Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¾ C Mini Marshmallows
- ½ C Coarsely chopped Pecans
- ½ C Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a cookie sheet or use silt pads.
- Blend all ingredients until well combined.
- Roll by the tablespoon the dough into balls.
- Gently flatten each ball to ½ - inch thickness and smooth edges.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute, stirring halfway.
- Remove cookies form the oven and spread the chocolate, then sprinkle with the marshmallows and pecans.
- Return the cookies to the oven and bake for TWO minutes more or until the marshmallow become soft.