Let me start by telling all of you thank you. Blogging has been fun for me and I have learned a lot from all of you. I check all the blogs on my blog list on a regular basis and I have fed many of your dishes to my family and friends. Please check out all of the blogs listed today. I know you will find something you like and want to make.
The MEME award below comes from Sweet and Savory Says it All. This award requires that you list seven personality traits about yourself then pass it on to seven bloggers.
1) Athletic- I like to stay active and I participate in many different types of sports. Athletics also keeps me from gaining too much weigh after eating all of your wonderful dishes.
2) Over committed- I have a tendency to sign up to do way too many activities. This month I joined the PTA, became room mom for two of my three children and signed up to plan and organize the Christmas play for my son and daughter. Remember, that is just this month.
3) Organized-When you are over committed you have to have a plan. If you visit my kitchen you will find that I keep three calendars up so that I can quickly see events that have already been scheduled.
4) Fair- My dad always told me as a kid “life is not fair” I’m still working to prove him wrong.
5) Sunny- I love warm, sunny weather, being on or in the ocean and my favorite color is yellow.
6) Adventurous- There are many things that I’ve never done before or eaten before but I’m always willing to try at least once.
7) Thinker- I have a tendency to over think and over analyze life.
The Kreative Blogger award is from Journey of an Italian Cook. This award asks that I list seven random things about myself and then pass it on to seven bloggers.
1) I live in Texas.
2) I grew up in Florida.
3) I have duel citizenship.
4) I once ate a whole large pizza and an entire batch of uncooked cookie dough in the same day.
5) Clutter makes me crazy.
6) I love to bleach the bathrooms.
7) I eat chocolate everyday.
Thank you to the four of you that passed these awards onto me. It’s always nice to be recognized by other bloggers.
Now for a silly recipe:
Curly Ribbon Hair Barrettes (not to be eaten)
This recipe comes from my good friend over at Ruby Mountain Beads. Go check her out. You’ll like what you find. I know I did!
- Grosgrain ribbon
- ¼ dowel rod
- paper clip or clothes pins. Just something that won’t burn and will hold the ribbon in place.
- Spray starch
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue.
- One little girl that likes to accessorize.
- Wrap the ribbon around the dowel rod. Careful not to overlap it.
- Secure with clothes pins or paper clips.
- Saturate with spray starch.
- Bake at 275 for 25 mins.
- Cool and remove the ribbon from the rods.
- Cut to desired length.
- Tie and glue to barrette.