This is an older recipe of mine that I use so often that I thought I would share another version of it. I usually make these with leftovers, like chili, but this time I made a quick instead. You can use pie crust or puff pastry whichever you have on hand; they are both yummy and quick.
I used chimichurri salsa to season my soup, but you can use fresh parsley if you have it.
- 1 lb lentils
- 4 large carrots, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 can diced toms
- 4 sliced of bacon, diced
- Fresh parley or 1tbls chimichurri salsa
- Fresh Sage leaves
- ½ cup White wine
- 32 ozs of stock, chicken or veggie
- Puff pastry sheets
- Sauté in large pot the bacon, onion, carrots and celery until the the onions are translucent.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and simmer until the lentils are tender and ½ or more of the liquid has reduced.
- Cool, spoon into individual bowls and top with .
- Cut slits in the top to ventilate.
- Bake at 375 until the dough is golden brown and the soup bubbling.