Here is a slightly healthy take on the breakfast Muffin. I love the cheery, wheat and pecan mix in these muffins.
Cherry Pecan Muffins
Recipe adapted from Stoneyfield Farms
- 1 C flour
- 1 C whole wheat flour
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 C frozen cherries, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1 C yogurt
- 1/4 C butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 C Pecans
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, sugar, and baking soda.
- Stir in cherries and pecans, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, butter and vanilla.
- Gradually stir dry ingredients into wet.
- Divide batter evenly amongst a 12-cup muffin tin that has been greased or lined with papers.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.