Here is a fast, easy and low-heat meal that is quick enough to be a weeknight meal and pretty enough to be a Sunday dinner.
The pesto can be frozen and used again with just about any pastas, meat or bread. I love this tossed with shrimp but it’s also good alone. Perfect for summer nights when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen.
Recipe adapted from “La Cucina Italiana”
- 1 C Sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- ½ C Olive oil
- 1 tsp Capers, rinsed, soaked and rinsed again
- 2 C Cherry tomatoes
- 3 Tbls grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 Tbls chives, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1lb Spaghetti
Directions for Pesto
- Puree sun-dried tomatoes, oil and capers until well combined.
- Add cherry tomatoes and puree again until smooth.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of water if necessary.
- Transfer pesto to a large serving bowl; stir in cheese and chives
Directions for Shrimp
- Peel and devein.
- Grill for a few minutes until pink.
Directions for Spaghetti
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain and toss with pesto and grilled shrimp.
- Garnish with chives and Parmigiano cheese.