Thursday, July 30, 2009
Blogger Finds: Fudgy Brownie Cookies
Blogger Finds is back. When I started my blog I would end each month paying tribute to other bloggers and their recipes. Now that I’m back on track I’m back with my Blogger Finds. I found this recipe a few months ago but without a camera I could not do these cookies justice. For chocolate lovers like me this recipe is a keeper. It does use a box brownie mix and that can be a pain since I don’t normally have one on hand.
Anyway, these cookies were found at Life's Ambrosia. Des has a wonderful blog, great pictures and she up-dates often. Check her out.
Here is the copy of the recipe as seen on Life's Ambrosia. The only change that I make is to use whole-wheat flour. The chocolate in these is so worth all the extra calories.
Join me and go out and get a box of brownie mix and get baking!
Even Stretch can't keep away from these cookies!
Fudgy Brownie Cookies
Makes 20-30 cookies
You will need:
· 1 package fudge brownie mix (I used Duncan Hines)
· 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
· 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
· 2 eggs
· 1 stick butter, melted, cooled
· 2-3 tablespoons cold water
· 1 cup dark chocolate chunks (I found of bag of dark chocolate chunks but if you can’t just chop a dark chocolate bar into chunks)
1. Whisk together flour, brownie mix and brown sugar.
2. Using a heavy spoon, stir in eggs one at a time. Followed by butter and 2 tablespoons water. If the batter appears like there is too much flour add 1 more tablespoon of water. Batter will be very thick.
3. Fold in chocolate chunks
4. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
6. Grease a cookie sheet.
7. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough on the cookie sheet, you want pretty thick cookies here to get the brownie feel, about 3 inches apart. Press down slightly. Don’t flatten completely. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
8. Remove from oven; allow to cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.