Every magazine that I have opened in the last several months has had the same Hersery’s kisses ad and recipe. I clipped it out the first time I saw it and finally made them last night. They are very easy to make and not all that time consuming. Try them and give them to the peanut butter lovers you love.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Adapted from"the Hersery Company"
- 48 Milk Chocolates
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup Creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup granulated and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into mixture.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll in sugar; place on un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately press a kiss into center of each cookie.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely.